To make the QLQ-C30 applicable for health economic evaluations, a cancer-specific utility instrument based on ten dimensions of the QLQ-C30, the QLU-C10D, was developed. The present project is a continuation of the first QLU-C10D valuation project. It deals with the determination of QLU-C10D utility weights for further three European and two Asian countries. The project also covers investigations on the homogeneity/heterogeneity of QLU-C10D utility weights in European countries. This is important in view of a potential European QLU-C10D set of utility weights or regional versions of the instrument.
- QLU-C10D online valuation surveys for the Netherlands and Spain have been completed. Determination of Dutch QLU-C10D utility weights complete, analyses for Spain underway. Preparations for Chinese and and Hong-Kong valuations ongoing
- Determination of QLU-C10D utility weights for the three new European countries covered (Netherlands, Spain, and Denmark) should be completed by September 2019.
- Valuations for the two Asian countries should be finalized early in 2020
This project is a continuation of our first QLU-C10D valuation project. The QLU-C10D is required for health-economic evaluations using the QLQ-C30. The first EORTC project covered five European countries. The new project extends the old one by establishing the required “utility weights” for further five countries, three European, and two Asian ones.
- Kemmler G, Gamper E et al. (2018): Preferences for life domains differ across countries – findings from the QLU-C10D valuation project. Proceedings of the 25th Annual Conference of the ISOQOL. Abstract 3098.
- King MT, Viney R, Pickard AS, Rowen D, Aaronson NK, Brazier JE, Cella DF, Costa DSJ, Fayers PM, Kemmler G, McTaggart-Cowen H, Mercieca-Bebber R, Peacock S, Street D, Young TA, Norman R (2018). Australian utility weights for the EORTC QLU-C10D, a multi-attribute utility instrument derived from the cancer-specific quality of life questionnaire, EORTC QLQ-C30. Pharmaco-Economics, 36(2):225-238.