All terms below are part of the general Academic User Agreement. Academic use of the QLQ-C30 and associated measures require no charge, but an Academic User Agreement is mandatory for each study.
By completing the download process, the EORTC Quality of Life Group grants permission to USER to employ EORTC QLQ-C30 and associated measures in the academic quality of life study/research mentioned during the process.
Use of the EORTC QLQ-C30 and associated measures in the mentioned investigation is subject to the following conditions:
1. USER confirms that the study/research is being conducted without direct or indirect sponsorship or support, financial or not, from pharmaceutical, medical appliance or related, for-profit company or similar. Further to this, no future for-profit use, direct or indirect, on the data generated is allowed under this agreement.
2. USER will grant the EORTC Quality of Life Group limited access to the trial database. Access will be limited to the following: (a) the EORTC QLQ-C30 and associated measures data; and (b) additional data will be made available to the EORTC at the sole discretion of USER as deemed appropriate for the purpose of validation of the EORTC QLQ-C30 and associated measures.
3. USER will not modify, abridge, condense, translate, adapt or transform the EORTC QLQ-C30 and associated measures or the basic scoring algorithms in any manner or form, including but not limited to any minor or significant change in wording or organization of the EORTC QLQ-C30 and associated measures.
4. USER will not reproduce the EORTC QLQ-C30 and associated measures or the basic scoring algorithms except for the limited purpose of generating sufficient copies for its own use and shall in no event distribute copies of the EORTC QLQ-C30 and associated measures to third parties by sale, rental, lease, lending, or any other means.
5. Reproduction of the EORTC QLQ-C30 and associated measures as part of any publication is strictly prohibited. The EORTC QLQ-C30, manuals and associated measures are copyright of the EORTC.
6. USER shall in no event distribute or share data generated with the EORTC QLQ-C30 and associated EORTC measures with the intent of making a profit or having a third party profit from the data. Distribution or sale of data from the EORTC QLQ-C30 and associated EORTC measures will be subject to a separate agreement (if so, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org).
7. Analysis and reporting of EORTC QLQ-C30 and associated measures data by USER will follow the written guidelines for scoring of the EORTC QLQ-C30 as provided by the EORTC Group on Quality of Life in the Scoring Manual.
8. EORTC grants permission to USER to migrate the EORTC QLQ-C30 and associated measures into an electronic device for the purpose of the investigation. The migration and administration of the EORTC QLQ-C30 and associated measures electronically is the responsibility of USER, and EORTC cannot be held responsible for the quality control of the electronic versions or of its measures.
9. This agreement holds for the mentioned registered study/research only. Use of the EORTC QLQ-C30 and associated measures in any additional studies by USER will require a separate agreement by entering a new download request.
Why do I need to pay a license fee?
The QLQ-C30 and its associated modules are copyrighted instruments, with all rights reserved. Written, prior consent of the EORTC Quality of Life Group is required for their use. In order to use the QLQ-C30 and modules we would ask you to sign a User Agreement, without which we cannot grant permission to use our measures. Such usage means that a compensation fee is payable to EORTC, which serves as a contribution to current research being carried out by EORTC and the QLG.
What will the fee be used for?
The funds that are generated from the fees will be used exclusively to support the ongoing charitable non-profit research of the EORTC Quality of Life Group, including the development and refinement of quality of life measures.
What is included in this fee?
- The QLQ-C30 questionnaire
- Any specific module(s) required in your trial
- The C30 scoring manual and scoring for the requested specific module(s), if any
- All languages that we have available in our library
Translation certificates can be provided on request.
What information do you need to set up a User Agreement for my study?
The following information is required:
- Protocol Number
- Title of your study
- The number of patients
- The name and title of the authorized representative who would sign
- Full company name and address as required on the User Agreement
- Full company address for the Invoice to be sent
- Dept. and/or Contact name for the Invoice
- Email for invoices
- VAT Number (Europe only-VAT charged only in Belgium but it is a legal requirement for this information if applicable)
- EPRO – will the study wish to migrate the questionnaires to an electronic use device? (We ask this so that we can insert the necessary permission clause into the agreement if necessary): Yes/No
- Module(s) required, if any
- Language(s) required
- Purchase Order Number, if required by your company
- Name, address & telephone of person to receive hard copies by DHL for wet ink signature if required (EORTC requires either a wet ink original for filing or signature via DocuSign)
For pricing and more information please contact us.